1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Bots

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by m0r0n kiLLa, Apr 29, 2013.

1. m0r0n kiLLa

m0r0n kiLLa Member

What happened to the bots on the 2Fort server. Did they all retire? :)
    The server is empty today :(

2. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

I took them off to see if it would help the server. I know some people don't like playing with bots while others don't mind them.

3. Woody

Inventory:

They should be back on the 2fort now.

4. m0r0n kiLLa

m0r0n kiLLa Member

Thanks Woody. I think most of us would rather play with humans. The thing is when the server is empty not many players will just 'sit' on there until others show up, they just move on to a server where there is a game going on.

5. Woody

Inventory:

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. That's the main reason I had the bots on there, to just get the server going.

6. KTFrog

KTFrog Member

Every time I log into the empty 2fort server about 8 bots show up.
    To me this is not a good thing.
    This only happens if the server is empty or near empty when training could be done.

7. Woody

Inventory:

The bots help facilitate game play when the server is empty. Once the server has 10+ players they drop off. We tried removing them, but the servers just don't "get going" as fast.

8. Dixie Flatline

Dixie Flatline Member

Yeah as boring as playing with bots may be it definitely helps the server start to gain some traction especially in the earlier hours of the day(7-12) when for the most part the server is dead.