1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

CSS won't start

Discussion in 'Technical Support/Help Desk' started by Sir_Caleb, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Sir_Caleb

Sir_Caleb Member

Hey guys. My CSS starts, but when it starts the main menu never shows. Like it sort of freezes when the main menu is loading. Any help? Please. :-[

2. Sir_Caleb

Sir_Caleb Member

Apparently any source game of main apart from HL2 or HL2 EP2 does the same thing. (GMOD)

3. DANNY(xXx)

DANNY(xXx)

did you try verifying the game cache sometimes that will fix most problems.

4. Sir_Caleb

Sir_Caleb Member

I did that twice nothing fixed. Right now I am reinstalling.

5. This same thing is happening to me right now Thats what my inactivity post was about

6. Sir_Caleb

Sir_Caleb Member

So can anybody find a solution to this problem??? I have tried EVERYTHING... Nothing fixes it. I really want to get back into playing CSS SOOOO BAD. I am suffering from major Counter Strike Source WITHDRAW. Please if anyone finds a solution. Please tell either me or Firespitter.

7. silver_apple

silver_apple Sneaky dawg

Have you tried to defragment the files? Or try uninstalling all the games and steam then reinstall everything.

8. Sir_Caleb

Sir_Caleb Member

How do you Defragment?

There is no option for me...

9. silver_apple

silver_apple Sneaky dawg

Right click css. Then go to properties and go to local files. There should be an option there to defragment your files.

10. Sir_Caleb

Sir_Caleb Member

That's what I was trying to say. I don't have a option for it. What ever this "bug" "glitch" or whatever, it sucks.

11. silver_apple

silver_apple Sneaky dawg

Can you verify your game files?

12. Sir_Caleb

Sir_Caleb Member

I did... Twice. Lol

13. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

14. Sir_Caleb

Sir_Caleb Member

I have done that 2 times. I am doing right now for a third time. I think it has something to do with hl2.exe is not responding, because when I run under -safe mode it crashes with that problem. hl2.exe is not responding.

15. Sir_Caleb

Sir_Caleb Member

This is one little persistent bug. I have tried everything. It use to be doing hl2.exe is not responding, but now it is back to where it freezes before the main menu comes up so it is stuck at the picture with the two CT's.

16. Woody

Inventory:

Have you installed anything recently? Any new games? Service packs? Any Microsoft frameworks?

17. Sir_Caleb

Sir_Caleb Member

No. Not really. Well I got Evoland about a month ago, but CSS worked fine.

18. Woody

Inventory:

Only thing left to do would be re-format your computer. That would probably fix it.

19. Sir_Caleb

Sir_Caleb Member

How so? As in get better parts?

20. Sir_Caleb

Sir_Caleb Member

WAIT WAIT WAIT... Before I go messing in my computer... I think might have something to do with me turning up the graphics on the game. Recently I changed the world textures to medium. It use to be low, because I am using a laptop that isn't the best in gaming. Do you think it might have something to do in that? If so, is there a way to turn the graphics down without playing it? As in like doing the properties commands?