1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Xbox One or PS4?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by SillyBillyWTF, Nov 13, 2015.

?

xBox One or PS4?

1. xBox FTW

10.0%
  2. PS is Life

30.0%
  3. Save Your Money

60.0%
  1. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

So im thinking of FINALLY getting a newer system and upgrading from my xbox 360.
    ive heard some good things about both but what do you guys think?
    ive always been a big fan of XBox since the very first one came out, hardly ever played PS but ive heard it has "better" gameplay and "better" games?

What do you guys think?

2. Drago

Drago TF2 admin Member

find the games you want, then pick, you don't wanna be like me and get the wrong one lol. Dont take other people word for if it one is "better"

• Like Like x 1
  3. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

There both relatively the same hardware.

Ps4:
    CPU: 1.66 GHZ 8 core AMD
    GPU: Radeon 7870
    Ram: 8 gigs
    Directx 11.2

Xbox:
    CPU: 1.75 GHZ 8 core AMD
    GPU: Radeon 8250
    Ram: 8 gigs
    Directx 11.2 (however they're sending a firmware update out for directx 12 sometime soon and ps4 doesn't support directx 12)
    4k resolution (again ps4 doesn't support 4k resolution)

They both have there ups and downs. As Drago said I would go with what games you want and what console you can play them on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. whgssh

whgssh Ravishingly Attractive

When talking about CONSOLE only I would say XBOX since well on my "side" my friends have Xbox and just one PS4 when talking in GAMING on general I would save the money for PC.

In a word. XBOXONE

• Like Like x 1
  5. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

Thanks for the input guys! definitely a really good idea about finding the games i want and getting the console for those games. Definitely leaning more towards the XBox One because ive always loved the XBox systems and it looks like it has a faster processor!

6. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

PS4 because it has a better controller. Plus I've always had a Play Station

• Like Like x 1
  7. Toad

Toad

I say PC master race, but if you're getting a console get a XBOX for Halo. I don't foresee any God of Wars coming out that need a PS4.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zortamos

Zortamos Messor Member

I have both ps4 and an xbox one, I've owned the xbox longer but they have less games on it and it has less players then ps4 so i didn't even bother to buy a game for it

• Like Like x 1
  9. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

@Woody haha exactly how I felt about the Xbox cus I've owned an Xbox since they came out but I didn't know if I should change it up or not lol
    @Toad That wouldn't be a bad choice either... I do play on the PC quite a bit but until I get my own, I can't get any more games for ours cus I'm slowing down the computer apparently lol
    @Zortamos Lol lucky! Maybe I can take that Xbox off your hands, if you ain't using it lolol

10. Cherry

Cherry

Both.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

Just buy a new CPU/Video card and you won't even be mad..

• Like Like x 1
  12. rain_yagami

rain_yagami Senior Member

wrong even that they have similar specs allmost if not all the games are locked at 60 fps and it has been showed comparisons and the xbox one have less performance than PS4 and have more drastical and often drops of fps than the PS4 the only good thing of the xbox one is the games if u r looking towards a multiplayer games PS4 games are more offline gameplays oriented than a multiplayer experience thats only where the Xbox one outshines the PS4

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. aa4life

aa4life #1 Sniper in TF2

Inventory:

I got both...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Drago

Drago TF2 admin Member

to be honest, the console i like the best is the wii u for smash bros LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Drac OPZ

That has nothing to do with the CPU though.

Rain is right though they have had several game testers test each console and the ps4 was a bit better with shaders and foliage. Though, Sony had a release with a firmware update to which xbox hasn't really done much updating. So they also said, if xbox releases the update for the directx12 as they promise to do so then the xbox is actually going to be way more beneficial towards running higher end games. Depends if they keep to there word and do an update or not. So really I'd be leaning towards the ps4 if you play a ton of single player or moded games. Xbox again as Rain suggested is really great for online competitive play.

16. Arama

Arama Senior Member

Save cash, get a 3DS. They're freaking amazing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

damn thank you guys again for all the feedback! well, i used to play a lot of online games with my friends but now days im just on CSS since my friends are too busy working and deal with kids or sold their consoles. So ill probably just be playing single player games along with watching a lot of Netflix :D I really would like stable gameplay (ex. the fps drop on xbox?). decisions decisions haha. guess ill be doing even more homework on this!

18. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

and i wish i could just buy both but i barely make enough money in a month to afford one (after bills and shit) so maybe one console for now lol

19. Drac OPZ

I've never have had fps drop on my xbox one. I know there was a bug with witcher 3 when it first came out to which it had bad fps on xbox compared to ps4. They fixed that though, but i've played several other games and never had a fps problem.

20. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

Ahhh see that makes me lean even more toward an Xbox One. Also, I believe they have backward compatibility? And if/when they update to DirectX 12, would that be a new version of the console or would it just be an update? Sorry, big ol computer tech noob here lol xD