1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Add Lazytown_Lazynight to Lazytown rotation?

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Zion, Oct 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Zion

Zion Zionthunder9 Member

Hey! I'm sure some/most of you know that I, along with others, are very fond lovers of the Lazytown_Lazyday map/server and how we denied to change our ways and always loved Lazytown. But today someone joined and told us of a magical place; exactly like Lazytown_Lazyday, except it is always nighttime! And we said "WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY!" The mysterious man then took us to this magical place, and our minds literally exploded! (It was quite disgusting, there was bloo... Nevermind) We thought to ourselves "I know it's ritual to obey the all-mighty sun god of Lazytown. But why would we neglect the Night god?" So then, here I am, preaching on behalf of all the Lazytownians, saying, "THEY ALWAYS SAY 'Let there be light!' BUT TODAY WE TURN OUR BACKS TO THE MAINSTREAM AND SAY 'Let there be darkness!"

Ok, on a serious note, someone joined the Lazytown server and told us about a night alternative to Lazytown_Lazyday. He gave us an IP, we joined, checked out the map and loved the little additions to it and what a perfect time too? We could possibly add Lazynight into the rotation on Halloween! It'll be like our little Halloween present :3 We could have the maps rotate after someone wins as if it's really night and day because many of us know that the Lazytown rounds are VERY long so it'd add a little bit of dynamic-ness (I don't know the real word for that)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rogue

Rogue Fmr. Lazytown Manager Senior Member

I've never played on the map but I'm all for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zion

Zion Zionthunder9 Member

Oh, it's pretty awesome. It's, like, nighttime... And there's signs at each control point telling you which points are controlled by which team. It's so cool :eek: Plus there's small changes like some slopes, some things moved. There's also a decent amount of signs saying TF2 related things. End said it kinda reminded him of a trade server map, which is true. It adds cool atmosphere though

4. Col. Sheppard

Col. Sheppard Mario Cart Manager / 2Fort Helper Member

Inventory:

i havent played the map either but if its good then i dont see a reason it cant possibly be added

• Like Like x 1
  5. Patient-0

Patient-0 Member

Several years ago, i was a senior admin in a CS.Commnity in charge of reserching maps. I loved it, spent tons of time reserching all kinds of cs. maps.
    The one common thread in most of the maps is that night maps were not popular. In the beginning its nice, with some eye candy. But you want a map thats is going to go the distance.
    So you have a spy on a night map, just as an example. What an advantage in a night map.
    Just my opiion.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

I don't think we will add this to the rotation. I might add it as an option for an admin to change it to that map if they'd like for short periods of time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. aa4life

aa4life #1 Sniper in TF2

Inventory:

During the day after 8:00 a.m Eastern Time, LazyDay, after 8:00 p.m Eastern Time (because I'm a time-zone-centric bitch) we have LazyNight. Maybe? I'm down for some mid-night headshots. Count me in!!! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Zion

Zion Zionthunder9 Member

Alright, whatever you do is fine with me ^_^ Having the lazynight adds a bit of variety even if Admins need to change to it, it's still pretty awesome

9. Woody

Inventory:

Do we have a link to the lazynight map?

10. Zion

Zion Zionthunder9 Member

I don't have an actual link to the map but I can give an IP to the server that had lazynight on it

11. Woody

Inventory:

That will work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Zion

Zion Zionthunder9 Member

Alright, here's the IP. I don't remember if it has any like "watermarks" of that server but I'll go on and check then edit this to tell ya.
    162.97.198.120:27015

Edit:
    There's no watermark kind-of stuff. The thing closest to that is a sign in spawn telling you who made the map and such. Everything else is TF2 related

Edit #2:
    I just noticed while checking out lazynight that if RED team caps Mid, the map turns off some lights on RED's side, giving BLU team an advantage of it being darker. Same thing goes if BLU caps it, their lights will cut out

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015