1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Discord!

Discussion in 'Servers & Website Suggestions' started by Guerilla Gorilla, Oct 22, 2016.

1. i personally think vg should get a discord because teamspeak is just hella nope. for example the UI sooo bad it gives me flashbacks to windows vista and that is not good! Discord on the other hand is fabulous. Also discord is much easier to setup for EVERYONE! i can have it on my phone and i can access it from my browser which is hella convenient for everyone players and admins! and one more little think discord lets you have bots which is cool cuz in ts3 Mr NinjaGinga had to come and drop some hot mixtapes but in discord i can just do !musicbot and it will drop mixtapes without anyone present. i love this lit community but i think it should get discord so i love it even more!;):happy::joyful:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

3. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

Yeah discord is definitely up and coming. Only downside of switching over right now is our xenforo forums and tied to our TS3. http://www.forums.vigilantegamers.net/threads/teamspeak3-forum-integration.7754/

4. Drac OPZ

I'm not sure if somehow we could integrate it into the forums. I know for a lot of twitch streamers that use it have it integrated with there twitch account. That way any subscribers you get can access it, otherwise if you aren't a subscriber it won't let you join the discord.

The biggest thing is everyone and there brother uses discord now. Mostly because it isn't just made for voice, it's made for chatting too and you can set up regular chat rooms for various things.

A few streamers for instance here is an example of there setup. Hard to see cause the screenshot was taken from a past podcast. But he has all different category of sub channels to the left side. It honestly reminds me of a forums in some ways lol. As you can see though it has a direct chat for each channel too, which imo helps interaction alot more as just like myself, I don't care for voice chat much and rather type. :p

[​IMG]

5. Drac OPZ

oh and one more thing, correct you can have bots in any of the channels. For instance he has a music channel which you can go into and type whatever song you want from like youtube etc and it will auto play it for you. I think it even has radio stations as well, not sure.

6. GingaNinja

GingaNinja Unabashed Grammar Nazi Member

Yeh but I'm the DJ here at VG...I'll be out of a job with a music bot :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ok that's good to hear yalls and sorry ninja

8. I have setup a lot of discord chats and I am good with that and permissions on discord and adding ranks