1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

GTX 750 Ti glitchy/flickery issue

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by SillyBillyWTF, Jul 22, 2016.

1. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

anyone else with GTX cards having this issue? Ive been searching online for hours with a few answers to try but none of which has fixed my issue. My issue is that the sky in both TF2 and CSS flickers from light to dark and the shading of the player models get all messed up (stays dark). Ive tried everything except rolling back to an older driver.
    anyone?

2. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

Driver issue. Roll back. Don't use beta drivers

3. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

awesome, thanks for the quick reply too @Woody! its weird cus im not on any beta drivers. Currently on 368.81

4. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

Strange I have the 980 and never had that issue so far. I'd try what Woody said though, uninstall your drivers, make sure you go to your program files and see if the folder is actually gone for your drivers. Then reinstall and see if that works for you.

5. GingaNinja

GingaNinja Unabashed Grammar Nazi Member

I used a 750ti before I upgraded and never saw anything like this, very weird!

6. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

@Drac OPZ just finished the rollback so hopefully it fixes and if not, ill do your recommendation. Thanks!

7. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

@GingaNinja Yeah its super weird like, it didnt happen right after the update either like, only a few days ago and the update came out on 7/10 i believe? Apparently its only an issue with NVidia cards but not exactly all of them. Might depend on how the card runs with the driver i guess

8. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

nvm, found out the shading flickering issues were from using Overwolf for teamspeak

9. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

wtf really? Now that is very strange lol

10. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

Yeah :( i tested it last night. Ran CSS and TF2 (games ive had the issues in) without overwolf on, worked perfectly fine. Then started Overwolf and the issues immediately came back. Exited Overwolf and the issues went right away

11. Charlie Boy

Charlie Boy Member

Could be direct x as well, if you have not fixed the problem.

12. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

@Charlie Boy thanks for the feedback! It only happens when i have Overwolf on. I guess the in-game overlay messes with the graphics? Ive seen one post on their forums with the exact problem but no one (not even any devs of Overwolf) answered. Might just be a bug or a compatibility issue or maybe even a directX issue. But yeah, the glitches and flickers only happen with Overwolf running