1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

gun game crashes to desktop

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Drac OPZ, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

I've been playing gungame for the past month in our server. Recently the past week everytime I join within 10 minutes my CS:S closes and takes me straight to desktop. Now I know it has nothing to do with hardware because I play in EGO dust 2 with 48 people and never have a problem. I have deleted all my CS:S folders and reinstalled a few days ago and this is still happening so I ran out of ideas. Anyone else?

2. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

Very weird, is it on any specific map? Have you tried playing other gungames?

3. Drac OPZ

Nope any map i play. I've tried several of ours. No i haven't tried any other gungame servers just ours. I'll give another a try later tonight see what happens.

4. Drac OPZ

@Woody I just tried Dogz and 3 others and no crash on any of them. I asked Pink Monkey since that's all he plays is Gun game and he says it must be a server file on our servers end. That's the only thing he can think of.

5. Woody

Inventory:

Server files and client files are separate. There's 19 people on the server right now, so it's very odd. The game crashes and you get no error?

6. Drac OPZ

No error at all and goes straight to desktop. Very weird as I've never seen it do this before. I tried deleting all my files again and still doing it so I honestly have no clue.

7. Emerald Assassin

Emerald Assassin Member

DELETED

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  8. Woody

Inventory:

Now this doesn't happen when you got to zombie?

9. killa sodas - cherry coke

killa sodas - cherry coke Murderer Member

that's a trip. I haven't had it crash on me like that. I haven't heard from anyone else about it crashing either. Hope this gets resolved.
    Still crashing on you?

10. Drac OPZ

No crashing in Zmod or any of our other servers. Only happens on gun game.

Running windows 7.

11. Drac OPZ

I just played in our gun game as i haven't played and tried it since I got my new gear. It crashed right to desktop within 5 minutes of playing. I give up for sure this time as I have no idea what it could be as I just put in a new Gpu, HDD, PSU and still crashing only in our gun game.

12. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

Normally I would assume this to be an issue with the game not prioritizing but it is only happening in that one mode. You can give it a high priority via steam and see if that'll work but I'm doubtful.

Right click on CS:S -> properties -> general tab -> set launch options

Type this in: -high

13. Drac OPZ

It's not just that mode it's only that server. I can play in dogz gungame server completely fine with zero issues. Something in our server just doesn't like me and I can't seem to figure it out.

14. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

Okay so we know that it is that server. It must be something that is, or is not, in our server that isn't/is in dogz. A custom texture maybe?

15. Drac OPZ

Honestly the only thing I know we have that dogz doesn't is the sticky nades.

16. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

Try hopping in when the server is empty and testing out with and without the sticky nades?

17. Drac OPZ

Well the weird thing is about a week ago I was on and able to play for about 3 maps before I crashed now its crashing within minutes. So i'm pretty sure it's a material that is on the server or that the server makes me download for certain maps.

18. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

I would agree. There is something on the server that crashes your PC when it is loaded into the game. Finding out what isn't very fun to do

19. Drac OPZ

Yup that's why I gave up lol