1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

GunGame Store

Discussion in 'Counter Strike: Source' started by Bird Machine, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Bird Machine

Bird Machine Member

I randomly remembered that there was a store on the GunGame server once upon a time. What happened to it? I know a lot of people thought the trails were kind of obnoxious but I thought they were fun.

2. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

I removed it for performance reasons as the GunGame server got more popular. Eventually, we might put a modified version back on there with less stuff.

3. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

No, gun game is laggy enough especially with a full server. We don't need any extras added to it lol! Unless we move the server or upgrade it to handle it.

4. Woody

Inventory:

I played last night 30/30 players for around 10 games and experienced no lag. The server is running on top notch hardware with an SSD so we can't get any better performance hardware wise. You may be lagging due to your internet connection or FPS. You have to remember gungame, especially with high amounts of players, is hard for your system to handle because of our small style maps. It's not like dust2 where the map is much larger. In gungame the smaller maps mean that your computer has to render and compute all the clients on the map, unlike on dust2 where it doesn't computer/render players on the other side of the map. Same goes for sending/receiving packets, I would check net_graph 2 when you're playing, to see if the issue is there.

5. Drac OPZ

I get 300 fps minimum I'm running a 980 ti, I don't see that being the issue. I usually don't lag until max players and i only get the occasional skipping and no registry. Though for most that do play in there you can see they don't handle it well is what I meant. Alot of the players now are skipping everywhere, complaining about lag alot more and no reg. One for instance being palmpuss which is a regular in there, he's been having alot more issues with reg/lag he says.

6. Bird Machine

Bird Machine Member

A modified version would be pretty sweet, however the gameplay is more important for sure.

7. killa sodas - cherry coke

killa sodas - cherry coke Murderer Member

I forgot about that store.
    Gungame has been running very well lately. I have not heard very many complaints. Every once in a while there will be someone who will still say "the reg on this server sucks!" But it is definitely nowhere near as many people as before. Everyone seems to be enjoying it a lot better. I used to hear people complaining on a daily basis.

8. Woody

Inventory:

Sadly, everyone complains about reg and hardly is it ever the server.

9. Drac OPZ

I don't think you're fully understanding what I mean. Not saying it's the server, I agreed with you it's there computers. That being said though, the more things added to the server "yeah it might not hurt the server at all" but it doesn't help the players when there computers are crap.

I know it's not our problem that they don't update there computers, but we do need to keep that in mind as we don't want to also push our players away because their computers can't handle our servers. Somewhat like ego did when they upgraded their dust 2 deathmatch they lost several regulars because their computers couldn't handle it anymore after the change.

10. Woody

Inventory:

Ahh yeah I see what you're saying. We definitely wouldn't make any changes right now because the server is doing very well. If we did make any changes in the future we would obviously make sure it didn't effect the performance of the servers or players.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Col. Sheppard

Col. Sheppard Mario Cart Manager / 2Fort Helper Member

Inventory:

would be nice if we had a gg dm server like the one i have been playing hardcore lately its on italy and it is darn fun

12. Drac OPZ

What you mean, we already have a gg server which is basically a deatmatch too

13. Import-This

Import-This

gungame rocks..i play on it almost everyday lol :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Col. Sheppard

Col. Sheppard Mario Cart Manager / 2Fort Helper Member

Inventory:

when does it play italy really i mean damn i can play that map all the time on gungame deathmatch

15. killa sodas - cherry coke

killa sodas - cherry coke Murderer Member

@Woody whats up woody! Any word on the gungame store being brought back to the server?
    Legit told me that there were a few people asking about it. i remembered that you said it may be brought back in the future.

16. legit

legit I want to right click you. Senior Admin

@Woody Are there computer settings players can change to help with "skipping?" I wonder if "lag" is being confused with "skip?" Are these two issues different?