1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

High Quality Sprays

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Sikk, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Sikk

Sikk Musika

Real simple step by step tutorial to get the sexiest quality for your spray.

Requirements:
    1) A 256x256 dimension spray
    2) VTFedit (You can download VTFedit here.)
    3) Your image file has to be a 32-bit .TGA file OR a PNG.

Step 1.
    -------
    Open VTFedit. Go to file>import (Do not do open)

[​IMG]

Step 2.
    -------
    Make sure all settings are as they show on the screenshot below. These settings are usually the default settings. Click OK.

[​IMG]

Step 3.
    -------
    In the flag boxes in the lower left, you should only have 2 boxes checked. These are:

a) Eight Bit Alpha (which is always checked by default)

and

b) NO LEVEL OF DETAIL
    This is the important one and the reason we are not just importing through the game's multiplayer menu instead. What this flag does is basically tells the game to always render the spray at the same quality no matter what your in-game video options are set to.

[img width=381 height=500]http://i40.tinypic.com/2nkjsye.png[/img]

Step 4.
    -------
    Now go back up top and click on Options. Make sure "AUTO-CREATE VMT FILE" is checked.

[​IMG]

Step 5.
    -------
    Now go to FILE>SAVE. Name it whatever you'd like.

Where you will save the file is dependent on which game you would like the spray to be used in. The file MUST be saved directly into the correct game folder or vtfedit will not write the vmt file for the spray correctly.

Default folder paths are:

Team Fortress 2:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\Common\team fortress 2\tf\materials\VGUI\logos

Counter-Strike Source:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\Common\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\VGUI\logos

Left 4 Dead:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\Common\left 4 dead\left4dead\materials\vgui\logos\custom

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    And you're done! Now you can choose your spray from the multiplayer menu in-game.

Here's a comparison from in-game.

[​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If any of you are having trouble with following the tutorial for any reason and want a HQ spray, just ask me and I'll make it for you. I'll also give it a more higher quality with sharpen and topaz. Hope this helped :D