1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Overwatch Community Servers?

Discussion in 'Servers & Website Suggestions' started by GingaNinja, Feb 7, 2017.

1. GingaNinja

GingaNinja Unabashed Grammar Nazi Member

I've been playing Overwatch way more than TF2 lately. Say what you will about it being a clone or whatnot, it is a fun game! The only things that I have been wanting from it are community servers. In this video that came out today, Jeff talks about adding the option to run custom games publicly, and thus also a server browser. Now I'm not sure what all that entails, but if it is run in a way similarly to TF2 or CSS servers, I think we should give it a try when it officially releases. I would love to see VG expand into a game that has over 25 million players worldwide.

Note: this is not a new server announcement or anything like that. I only want to hear what everyone else thinks. This may turn out to be nothing like what I think!

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. King Blood

King Blood Member

I have been playing a lot of overwatch since I bought it 4 days ago and I love it. I would definately participate in the community on overwatch. I think it's a great idea

3. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

We will definitely expand into overwatch! Keep an eye out and let me know when it's getting closer to rolling out and I'll have a server ready when it goes live. That way we get all the traffic of everyone trying it out.

We are going to want to start thinking of different server variations we want to launch up.

4. GingaNinja

Oh definitely. Just listening to all the options Jeff said they're going to give us was pretty exciting. Hopefully it all works out, and I'll update this thread when they release more news.

5. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

I don't play overwatch so I wouldn't have any idea what servers to go about launching. I do agree it would be a fantastic idea though for us to go towards.

6. CaptinCCat

CaptinCCat Admin Manager Member

Inventory:

Same I've been on there a bit more then tf2, I'll start looking into the update to get ready to create a server soon

7. Me and my friends hosted one but there is a time limit to how long it will remain in world then it just kicked everybody from the game and I also have been playing overwatch slot more

8. King Blood

King Blood Member

Let me know what I can do to help get this going. I'd love to be part of the leadership in this expansion to the community. I have also been playing a lot of OW and I will try to learn all I can about the game modes, servers, and the OW community as a whole to help us set up and run a quality server.

9. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

i really should try Overwatch

10. GingaNinja

It's da bomb boi, play with me

11. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

lol ill hit you up when i get the game haha

12. 3.1 TATOR_TOT

3.1 TATOR_TOT

OverWatch no scopes tf2. *pow*

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. King Blood

King Blood Member

What is your battle-net info so I can add you and we can play OverWatch? This is also to anyone else that wants to team up in OW. I need some Overwatch friends!!!!! Give me all your battle-net info so I can add you as a friend and we will get a VG team going :D

14. GingaNinja

GingaNinja#12455

15. GingaNinja

@Woody the custom game browser is now live. I'll be home after this weekend and I'll start taking a look at how we need to go about making a server

16. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

17. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

Wow that is very cool!