1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Proposal for Rule Addition to ZombieMod Server

Discussion in 'Counter Strike: Source' started by Darth_Neckbeard, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Darth_Neckbeard

Darth_Neckbeard Member

Since summer has hit, that means all the kiddos are out of school. That also means an influx of squeakers pours into servers across numerous games. The ZombieMod server is being invaded by these miniature tyrants, to the point where they are going beyond nuisance and actively disrupt gameplay.

Ex. 1
    This evening, I was playing on the map neko_garden and a player (-\/G- Bio War) was camping on the roof. Standard fare. However, I couldn't get him because kiddies were plugging up the secret way to the roof. So, I tried to propclimb up and get him. However, one little cretin (Spunj) had the bright idea to spout my plan to everyone and then came over to knock over my tower. Bio is aware of these events and supports my thought.

Ex. 2
    A couple weeks ago, a kid (megatwat, those who know KNOW he is a little ass) who was 9 years old consistently spammed his mic and gave an admin (-\/G- Snakefist) a lot of grief. He tried to circumvent kicks by leaving the game and coming back multiple times. He surfaces only every couple of weeks, but he is an overall annoyance every single time he appears.

This may seem asinine and I understand that
    1. The influx does not last.
    2. Most kids playing aren't very bright.
    3. Kids don't give a shit.

My proposal is that an age limit must be placed on using a mic in-game. Not mic spamming. Talking period.
    I say 13 is a fair age since most of these kids are well under 13 and, unfortunately, all have mics.

Leave thoughts and comments below

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

No, not all kids are misbehaved. I know a 10 year old that acts like he is 20 ingame. I don't believe some kids should ruin it for all. If they are acting out, spamming mic, trolling or being a nuisance an admin has all rights to mute them in game. Also, there is playermute for those that wish to mute anyone. There is no reason to adjust such a rule.

3. Darth_Neckbeard

Darth_Neckbeard Member

Does this 10 year old you know use a mic in-game? I find the the ones that aren't mischievous usually are quiet (and don't have mics). My concern is solely on usage of the microphone in-game. Acting out, spamming mic, and trolling are common with kids, yes, but those are general misdemeanours that are usually swiftly deal with, regardless of age. I feel an age limit would curb some of the problems that do arise, as my examples point out. Playermute works, of course, but to an extent. If I used it in the case of Ex. 2, then I would have more trouble justifying my case. Am I exaggerating this? Most likely. I understand how this seems a non-issue and how it can be hard to implement. I merely wanted to voice a concern and explain my reasoning.

4. Rogue

Rogue Fmr. Lazytown Manager Senior Member

There is absolutely no way to prove someone's age on the internet. I've seen other communities that do this. The admins just end up muting anyone whose voice annoys them for being underage, even if they aren't. Those admins look more like immature fools than the kids on the mic, and the community they represented lost a lot of respect from players, and not just young players either. Basically, an age restriction on the mic introduces a huge window for admins to abuse power.

5. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

The kid I know that literally is 10 years old like I said above yes of course uses a mic. That is how I found out he was 10, but at first I would of surely thought he was like 20 the way he acted in normal chat. Very mature for his age truly must have good parents that raised him correctly. To limit ones ability to talk on the mic just because of there age is senseless. It's like limiting 18 year olds on the mic for trolling and acting like they're 10. The same concept follows, we can't just add a age restriction due to ones age for trolling, spamming mic etc. Everyone does it regardless of age!

Again, if they're causing problems no matter whom it may be; that is the exact reason we have admins for and playermute base through steam. If our admins are not correctly taking care of said issue, we also have a report section which if you get a demo/recording or the player causing issues we'll be sure to take care of that nuisance player. We try our best to make it fair for all players without ruining it for others.