1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Rust Server Help :(

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by SillyBillyWTF, Sep 7, 2016.

1. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

Wanted to start up a small password-protected server in Rust and im shit when it comes to IP stuff and numbers and codes lol. I got most of the start up parts done but it still doesnt connect. Can anyone help a boob out? :D

2. GingaNinja

GingaNinja Unabashed Grammar Nazi Member

You may need to open a port on your router if you haven't already. Google port forwarding for lots of tutorials. If you don't know your IP literally Google "what's my ip". To join the server simply have your mates type in your IP followed by a colon and then the port number that you opened

For example: 192.168.0.1:23341

If you've already done all this you'll need to be more specific :p good luck!

3. SillyBillyWTF

SillyBillyWTF

Inventory:

ive opened the ports required for Rust but im not exactly sure if i did it right since my router asks for service name (basically anything), Port range (idk what to set that to so i set it to the same number as the port), IP (which i got), Port (28015 for rust server by default, 28016 for rcon by default), and set to both TCP and UDP? but theyre still not open/unreachable.

I noticed that my IP on the router was in Dynamic and not Static though... do i have to make it static to have open ports? o.o

4. GingaNinja

GingaNinja Unabashed Grammar Nazi Member

Well your router should know what machine to send port traffic through to, but setting your internal IP to static won't hurt anything