1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

saving for a desktop

Discussion in 'Technical Support/Help Desk' started by Stormreaver (Mattdf), Jul 31, 2012.

1. silver_apple

silver_apple Sneaky dawg

Cold cathode lights get really hot. LEDs are better and don't get as hot. Also they last longer. If you are planning to overclock the cpu the liquid cooling units keep the cpu cooler. The 7800 video cards are quite a bit better than the 7700 but since you are crossfiring them you should be fine. Since you are crossfiring them you might want to up the wattage for the power supply just to be on the safe side. All of this is personal preference though.

I personally have two 6950s crossfired and had an 850 watt psu. I also use a pre-filled liquid cooling unit to cool the cpu.

2. Ok, changed to LED's and added liquid cooling, should i go for a 850 watt or 1000 watt?
    And thanks for the help :)

3. silver_apple

silver_apple Sneaky dawg

The 850 watt should be plenty. However there is price difference of $15 between the two. It is really up to you.

4. Stanger

Stanger Member

Inventory:

i run a 1200 watt in mine

5. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

lol. Way to big.

6. Stanger

Stanger Member

Inventory:

More power ugh ugh ugh

7. silver_apple

silver_apple Sneaky dawg

I also now have a 1200 watt power supply since the power supplies were on sale for a pretty good deal. I upgraded it a couple of weeks ago.