1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Some server ideas...

Discussion in 'Servers & Website Suggestions' started by InstantDeath, Jul 1, 2017.

1. InstantDeath

InstantDeath

Hi, I have a few server ideas to share, not sure how they will translate into this community, but here we go.

As a former administrator of a gaming community for 10 years(all 10 were from the same community) we tried several servers and 2 server game modes(for CS:S) come to mind that stood out for me.

1. Zombiemod (reload) style. This is a different style of zombie mod that makes use of a variety of sourcemod plugins. Essentially, the server we had used specific map styles. We deliberately chose to avoid maps that had camping spots that were cheap, such as ones that required the zombie to constantly crouch(i.e. one that caused the zombie to crouch was not the barricade but a vent or crawl space, etc.)

some key points:
    --------------a. no classes. Every zombie was the same, but we used different models that were similar.
    --------------b. Unlimited ammo, but required a player to reload their weapon. This required a special plugin I wrote myself that gave a player ammo every time they pressed reload.
    --------------c. blowback/knockback was increased to the point where if enough people were shooting, they would get pushed back and possibly pinned against the wall if people timed their shots well enough. knockback was determined by gun and not --------------generic. We even jokingly put the knife knockback really high so the zombie would go flying.
    --------------d. zombie health wasn't that high, maybe around 1k-5k. We did have no respawn at first, but players wanted an endless rush of zombies, so we turned respawn on.

this can be done in CS:S or CS:GO. I converted some of my zm maps from CS:S to CS:GO, so either one can be used.

2. One Man Army. This is an old CS:S plugin that I made and recently started updating again.

The game play is simple, yet complex. Right now it is simply combining gungame with a bit of rpg.
    There is one person selected as the one man army(the terrorist), who has a gun game like setup versus everyone else(counter-terrorists) who only have knives. A CT(counter-terrorist) can become the one man army by killing the current one man army. However, innately, if CTs crouch or walk, they will turn invisible. There are currently 10 levels for the CTs, and gain experience by dodging bullets or doing damage to the OMA(one man army). As they gain experience, they can unlock cool abilities to take on the OMA. The game ends when the OMA reaches the final weapon level, and kills off the remaining CTs(CTs respawn when they die prior to this).

I will consider converting this to CS:GO if there is interest in doing so.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

Very cool! I'll take a look here shortly when I have more time!

3. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

Part B of zombiemod i really like the idea of having to reload that would definitely make it more interesting. Good ideas all around!

The one man army I remember playing years ago once or twice. Was actually tons of fun, the downside to that is if you add in rpg you got to balance it verses the person with the gun. Some servers didn't balance it and it was on sided either way.

4. InstantDeath

InstantDeath

I would like to point out that in order for reloading to work well and be balanced, we had no classes as they gave too much of an advantage to zombies, since they can just respawn and overpower the humans with numbers. We did, however, make them slightly faster than humans and a slightly higher jump. The queen zombie also had double starting health.

When we ran zombiemod on CS:S we also used my backpack plugin, as blowback was different for different weapons, which made it easier for humans, so they could have both a sniper rifle and a shotgun.(shotgun had a high amount of knockback, but only at close range, whereas the sniper was more effective at long distances.)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017