1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Spectators shouldn't count toward RTV

Discussion in 'Counter Strike: Source' started by Shah, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Shah

Shah suffers from anatidaephobia

People in spectate shouldn't count towards the number of people needed to RTV. Often times there are enough people AFK that it inflates the votes such that regular players can't change the map without an admin on. Furthermore, they can't vote until they pick a team in the first place.

2. Homer J. Simpson

Homer J. Simpson Former member

Do they? I know you can't vote RTV if in spec.

3. Gotcha

Gotcha Administrator Founder Member

Shah your right it's a problem when trying to change the map. Something we do need to take a look at.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Shah

Thank you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

I've tried to change this in the past and it hasn't worked. There isn't an option to change it in the .cfg. So we need a re-write of the rtv plugin.

6. Blurry Figure

Blurry Figure Part-time Barrel Member

Yeah, as it stands currently most of the time the players on the server virtually do not have access to rtv.

7. Shah

Votemap works correctly it seems, or has a greatly reduced percent required to change maps such that a few spectators isn't noticeable. What systems use rtv/votemap? Does the server run eventscripts?

8. Woody

Inventory:

Server runs sourcemod. votemap and rockthevote are two separate plugins.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Shah

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  10. Riptide

Riptide Resident beta tester Member

Yeah the issue is the spectators and also bots are counted as well

• Ding! Ding! x 1
  11. Dots

Dots

but also in spec you can vote what map you want , that should be disabled also.

12. khatamine

khatamine the alchemist

i feel like people in spectate should have a say too... i always join and spectate first, and sometimes really dislike the map we're on, as do a lot of people playing it. but i have to join and suffer through it if i wasn't to help rtv. if i wait in spec so i know when the map finally changes, it's hurting other players ability to rtv. i usually do leave, but often times miss whatever map is next that i like. would there be a way to make it so only active spectators are able to rtv??? and also if bots are counting towards the vote, maybe disabling their votes would balance things a little.
    dunno if any of this is even possible lol, just throwing ideas out there! :)

13. Phoenix

Phoenix

I think Shah is talking about how when people are in spectate it affects the percentage amount on how many people are required to change map. For instance, seven people are in the server playing and they're are four people in spectate, instead of the voting percentage being only five or six people to change map, it would be like eight people. It kinda sucks how many people are AFK in spectate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. khatamine

khatamine the alchemist

ooops my bad, misunderstood! xD

15. Woody

Inventory:

Old necro post, but I finally found a plugin to fix this. Let me know if it's working on the ZM server after map restart!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

It only took you 11 months, it's okay.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Shah

Just checked, it required 8 votes when there were 9 active players and two in spectate. As Riptide said the problem is also counting bots toward the vote, does the plugin effect the bots too?

• Like Like x 1