1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

windows issue

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Drac OPZ, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

Not sure if anyone can really help as i've googled and tried everything possible that I could find out, but worth a shot.

I just received my new gpu and psu and installed well i said screw it and figured to do a full HDD reformat. Now I tried downloading my new GPU driver and it failed and said can not install without framework 4.

Now I tried to download framework 4 from Microsoft site and it just freezes and does not install. I know most times it updates through microsoft updates right? Well i went into control panel and tried hitting "check for updates" and it has been searching for updates for well over 2 hours now and nothing. Not sure what else to do especially when I really wanted to play tonight :(

2. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

Reformat again lol

3. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

Like woody said I would try redoing it or you could try having someone download the file you need and sending you it or downloading it from another pc you own and transferring via usb

4. GingaNinja

GingaNinja Unabashed Grammar Nazi Member

If it's the .net framework you're talking about, a few programs need it to run and have it included in the installer. A few steam games install it automatically when you first run them. I think Office might do it as well. If you try to install the entire framework from Microsoft it takes eons and usually doesn't work lol. I've always gotten the important bits downloaded through other programs' installations. Don't know if that'll fix your situation, but you can google some programs that come with it and try those.

5. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

After countless hours of research last night I finally came upon a fix. Apparently from the looks of it with the fresh install sometimes it doesn't register the windows files correctly (first time i ever heard of this). I had to manually turn off windows updates through cmd prompt and also turn off BITS. Restart PC and then open CMD in admin and reregister each individual windows updater file took forever as you can imagine but after an hour of typing each one in I restarted the computer again. You then open cmd one last time and turn Bits and windows update back on and go recheck for windows updates. I had to wait approx an hour and it finally found 260+ updates. Sometimes I hate windows :rage:

6. Gavlan

Gavlan Member