1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

A server dedicated to trade (TF2)

Discussion in 'Upcoming Servers' started by Kingofcats, Jun 11, 2014.

?

Should we have a trade server?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  1. Kingofcats

Kingofcats Bringer of Payne, Dick Payne Member

I was thinking that we should have a trade server. It would be a very nice addition to all our server and would attract a lot of more players into the group. We could also have a scrap-bank bot of which would cash in all the scrap for keys and sell it on the market monthly or so often.
    The trade server would drive the economy and make our members richer. There could be events like spy-crabbing and heavy boxing. We could spawn in Halloween bosses and new players could get achievements.
    I think a trade server would be a very good addition to the server. It would help drive the economy and new players could get some cool hats. We could hold events and have a very nice time. So please, Woody or Gotcha, please add a trade server.
    (EDIT: I know how hard it is to moderate but it would be cool if we at least tried)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  2. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

How hard would it be to start a trade server these days? There's so many other trade servers.

There would also need to be constant admins. Trade servers = scamming

3. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

Yeah I tried running Hellsgamers Tradeserver for like 6-7 months straight with my friend Phoenixfire and it was a pretty rough job especially with having so many scams everyday plus people literally trying to sell items for money on the server which is against valve policy to which we can't let happen on the server. If people want to sell items that's what private forums like sourceop and/or community store is for. I'd say a trade server would be worth it only if we had dedicated admins to watch over it in the long run. Woody pretty much hit it dead on with my knowledge of trade servers.

4. Kingofcats

Jeez I didn't know how hard it could be to run a trade server. The one I play on (NewbTF2.com #18 trade server Detroit) there is little scamming and little admins. But the players usually only play on this sever and don't come from others very often (they like it and they are active to the community). It would be cool if we could have a server like this. But not being ranked on many TF2 servers, I don't know how hard it is to moderate trading (Also how hard it is to referee heavy-bowing or spy-crabbing).

5. Drac OPZ

It's honestly not so difficult if there's dedicated admins as i said otherwise it would get out of control.

6. ryk3r

ryk3r VigilanteGamers Clan Patriot! :D Member

perhaps make it a idle or fun server with mod maps, map rotation & stuff?

7. Drac OPZ

Idle server would be better than a trade server that way any trades that would happen inside the idle server wouldn't fall back on us since technically it wouldn't be meant for trading.

8. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

This could definitely be doable.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kingofcats

So are we gonna do something?

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. ryk3r

ryk3r VigilanteGamers Clan Patriot! :D Member

I like the sound of this :D cannot wait to play on a vg tf2 fun/idle server :D