1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

End of an Era - Server shutdown :(

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Woody, May 14, 2022.

1. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

It's been a great run everyone, when @Gotcha I first started this I had no idea it was last this long. It's a bit of a bittersweet moment as I built most of these servers from the ground up back in high school and it's hard to shut them down. I know the servers haven't been popular for the last couple years, but I kept them running as we always had a somewhat populated Gun Game server. However, that server has finally died out, as CS:S is a dying game. Sadly most games nowadays have moved away from private servers, which has basically killed all gaming communities.

With that being said if anyone would like to continue running the servers I will transfer them over, you will need to cover the monthly costs, which are covered below:
    NFO VDS: $48.74 per month
    Bans website hosting: $2.99 per month
    GameMe Stats: $6.00 per month
    Total cost: $57.77

I will keep the website running till the hosting runs out on November 29th 2022.

Thanks for the 12 awesome years of gaming!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

It has been a blast, and lots of great memories created with this community family that was created! How I miss the first few years when Vgamers was founded!

3. killa sodas - cherry coke

killa sodas - cherry coke Murderer Member

DAMN man! I gotta admit, this is definitely a sad moment. It has been a great run no doubt! @Woody Thanks for everything big dog!

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  4. Woody

Inventory:

Yes it was a great ride the first 5-6 years!

No problem man! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication!

• Like Like x 1
  5. legit

legit I want to right click you. Senior Admin

I’ll buy it. Woody can you add me on steam? That way we can talk? I’m over the road so I’m limited.

6. killa sodas - cherry coke

@legit
    Get in line! Haha I'm trying to get it too.

7. END

END Senior Member

Inventory:

Just became aware of this post, while the VG servers I played on (the TF2 ones, mainly Lazytown) died long ago, still sad to see this site come towards its end. Thanks for leaving the site running till the hosting ends, going to archive some posts from the past for nostalgia's sake.

Also I am happy to say that the some of the friends I made on VG servers have been my longest lasting online friends, even after we moved on. :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Woody

Inventory:

An update to this announcement.

@killa sodas - cherry coke has gracefully offered to take over the server/stats payments. I'd like to thank him for keeping the servers alive for the foreseeable future.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. killa sodas - cherry coke

@Woody thank you sir! I appreciate all of your help!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

Awesome Killa, we appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Gotcha

Gotcha Administrator Founder Member

It has been a wonderful ride and i'm glad to see someone is keeping our baby alive. So many memories were made there and the friendship made was memorable. My best to you all.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
  12. killa sodas - cherry coke

appreciate it!

• Friendly Friendly x 1