1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

You're Too Late First Vigilante Gamers Forum Raffle!

Discussion in 'Giveaways' started by GingaNinja, May 2, 2016.

1. END

END Senior Member

Inventory:

I wouldn't say tf2 is dying but community servers have been in decline which you could call dying. That started once quickplay was added.

2. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

It's actually dying period.

look at this graph and it will show you over the past year it even declined over 20k players.

http://steamcharts.com/app/440

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  3. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

That's a pretty cool graph, you can see the points in time when it is summer/winter break even

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Drac OPZ

Yeah you can search any game too. I've used that site for quite a while to check certain multiplayer games before purchasing to make sure ppl are still playing lol

5. END

END Senior Member

Inventory:

So your ignoring the fact of a free beta then release of the first significant competitor in a while without time for hype to reduce and the summer update to release? Also, taking out that rival game hype chunk of time you could say it was dying in 2013 if these are dying numbers.

6. Drac OPZ

Even if you check year to year is substantially drops in numbers and yet never goes back up to equal out.

7. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

It can also be seen in the competitive TF2 community which has been dwindling

8. Drac OPZ

Very true.

I mostly seen it even if you look at the "all time" it was around 117k in 2012 and not even 2 years later dropped to 104k max. It has never been above 90k since and been dropping slowly in more numbers. It's just like how Source played out for the past 12-14 years...

Source was steady for the longest time and just the past I would say 8 years it's been dropping every year and now it has had a pretty much dead impact.

http://steamcharts.com/app/240#All

Went from 50k down to 12k max since 2012. Which is exactly how tf2 is playing out, just tf2 hasn't been out as long as source has. Every game eventually dies out, it's just a matter of time.