1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

GG store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by legit, Jul 28, 2020.

1. legit

legit I want to right click you. Senior Admin

I'm sure this has been discussed before.... I have been in the server lately and there has been quite a bit of talk about how players wish we had a store. Things like hats pets lasers paint ball parachutes and other fun stuff. Ive heard from members more senior than myself that we used to have that. Is there a way to bring that back? does it cost money? I personally am willing to donate money if that is needed? I think it would seriously enhance game play. @Woody @Drac OPZ @killa sodas - cherry coke @BeatsByClay

2. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

I'm Okay with putting it back on. What are everyone's thoughts?

3. Claytonium (beats)

Claytonium (beats) Senior Admin

Pets????

I think it would be fun as long as it doesn't affect server performance.

4. killa sodas - cherry coke

killa sodas - cherry coke Murderer Member

@Woody I think it should go back in. It adds just a little something extra to the server that a lot of people really liked. Personally, I liked it. I thought it was fun just getting points and purchasing random items.

5. legit

alot of people have asked what would be in the store?

6. Woody

Inventory:

creditsmenu.addline ('->1. Trails')
    creditsmenu.addline ('->2. Models')
    creditsmenu.addline ('->3. Hats')
    creditsmenu.addline ('->4. Chat Items')
    creditsmenu.addline ('->5. Weapon Colors')
    creditsmenu.addline ('->6. Grenade Items')

7. legit

is there any way we can get the parachute back? I remember on a server called organized chaos they had a free parachute you could use to parachute off tall buildings

8. Woody

Inventory:

lol I used to run organized chaos. But yeah I could add it to the server.

9. Woody

Inventory:

added parachute to the gungame. Working on a store

10. Woody

Inventory:

Added a store to the gungame. Let me know if there's any issues.

11. legit

thanks woody!

12. Colden

Colden

Haven't played here a ton lately. Was disappointed to have a parachute when I logged in today. It looks like the store stuff is mostly cosmetic. Not my thing, but whatever.

The parachute, however, affects gameplay far too much in my opinion. Players move differently through the air, new jumps become possible, the ability to avoid fall damage changes player behavior on maps with vertical space. I may be alone here, but I'm still playing Source after all these years because I like the way classic gungame feels. New maps with quirky features are fun. New, pervasive gameplay mechanics are not.

13. Woody

Inventory:

I appreciate the feedback, everything is in testing phase so nothing is permanent. We are gathering feedback to get a general consensus

14. Colden

Colden

Yeah, just my 2 cents. I'm pretty picky about my gungame though so who knows, maybe everyone else loves them.

15. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

I don't personally feel like the parachute is that big of a deal nor does it effect it all that much. What does effect it and what I don't care for are the pets around the head of players, it's just an annoyance visually.

16. lithualien

lithualien Member

My suggestion:
    If we could check something before buying. Like a web page or at least forum thread with videos/gif's or whatever. That would be helpful.