1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Hey its Merz

Discussion in 'Hellos and Goodbyes' started by Merz, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Merz

Merz

Hey erry'body,

Just wanted to drop a hi and say its great playing with y'all.

I play on a Ryzen 1700, 1050ti, and three 43" 4k monitors (lol, its 10 feet of screens wrapped around me like a tanning booth). Of course I play CSS in a window on the middle screen (there's no way anyone can be good at a FPS using all 3 screens -- that's for driving and flying games, etc)

I have a Razor Dethadder classic I've used forever, and a Corsair RGB Strafe keyboard.

I also --- fun fact -- have the strangest key config you'll ever find. I used to play (back in 1.5) with a guy from Weekend Warriors (WeW) which was a CAL-I (invite only) team and he showed me this key config and I've played it on every first person shooter since -- except if the game doesnt support the keys below, then I have to use WASD. Here's my config :

Fire = Left Mouse Button (as normal)
    Alt-Fire = INS/0 (on numeric Keypad with my thumb)
    Forward = Right Mouse Button
    Backward = END (with my middle finger, normally 'S' for you noobs)
    Strafe Left = DEL
    Strafe Right = PGDN
    Jump = HOME
    Crouch = Right Arrow Key (also with thumb which causes a rare problem where I cant Alt-Fire and crouch at the same time)
    Reload = PGUP
    Primary Weap = Keypad 7
    Secondary Weap = Keypad 4
    Throw Weapon = BKSPACE

Its basically instead of putting your "home row" on WASD, I put it on the HOME, DEL, END, PGDN in the keys between the keyboard the numeric keypad on a 101key keyboard. And moving forward is holding down right mouse button.

I'm weird, I know. But I still win sometimes and usually come in near the top ;)

2. Merz

Merz

What kinda psychopath uses RMB to move forward?!?!
    There, I said it so noone else has to. :)

3. Ms.Dreams

Ms.Dreams Senior Admin

Happy to see you here Merz. Always a good time in the gun game server.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

Weclome to the forums! Definitely one of the weirdest config set ups I've seen!

Should post a few pictures of your rig and screen set up!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Merz

Merz

20190619_214052.jpg [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. killa sodas - cherry coke

killa sodas - cherry coke Murderer Member

Whats goin on. Good to see more people enjoying the servers and participating on the forums.

• Like Like x 1
  7. - \/G - *G|_|RL|E*

- \/G - *G|_|RL|E* Member Apprentice Admin

• Like Like x 1
  8. Woody

Inventory:

Nice setup! I have something that looks similar. You might be interested in Actual multiple monitors (https://www.actualtools.com/multiplemonitors/), which allows you to have multiple start menus and task bars for each screen. That way you can pin and open certain programs on the dedicated screen of your choosing. That way you can make use of all those screens.

9. Merz

Merz

That may be cool. I have a few utilities I use exclusively on my setup:
    Voidtools' Everything
    NiftyWindows (I actually got the Autohotkey source for it and changed some code so it works better for my liking)
    Lightshot (for screenshots)

Also, even tho these screens are 4k screens, I have the NVIDIA experience set to run them as one single screen (each at 2k resolution). its easier on my 1050ti video card. If I had a 1080ti or better I would run them all at 4k.

10. Woody

Inventory:

Yeah those are decent programs that have different functions. I would give actual multiple monitors a try. I believe they have a free trial and the license is really cheap.

11. Merz

Merz

I try to keep my pre-loaded programs very low since I use this system for gaming AND productivity.. its a balance. I'll look into the features of multiple monitors and see if the pros outweigh the cons of another pre-loaded program on boot. Thanks for recommending it ;)

12. Woody

Inventory:

If you have a decent CPU and a fair amount of ram it should be no issue ;)

• Like Like x 2