1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Minecraft Server is Dead?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Alexey Davydov, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Alexey Davydov

Alexey Davydov TF2 Pootis Manager

I do not seem anyone playing it....

It is not updated, meaning nobody (Including me for example) can join. Why is that?

Did your MC server get fucked in the pussy?

Also, the discussions.. well this is the first one in months, so what happened? Is VGamers no longer supporting minecraft?

2. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

I haven't personally been on in a long time. I know since it was pretty much dead Woody was going to take it down in the past. However i'm unsure if that is what happened or not.

3. Alexey Davydov

Alexey Davydov TF2 Pootis Manager

Ah, okay. However I do believe if VGamers tried to exapnd their Minecraft server more people would have played it, I mean Minecraft is a pretty popular game.

4. Drac OPZ

We did have quite a few played played for months counting myself. I'd say we had at least 15-20 people on it at one point in time. I believe everyone just got bored of playing and decided to stop. I actually have a video up of what all of us had done inside the server.

5. Gotcha

Gotcha Administrator Founder Member

Since i do not play minecraft, i do not check on the server. But we need to either support the server or take it down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Drac OPZ

Well another issue we ran into was Shoyu, Sikk, and myself got on the server a few months back and it was soooo laggy and apparently it was running off a free host and not one of our own server boxes which is the reason why. So I mean depends if people would get back into playing more often that way we could possibly add it to maybe one of our own server boxes instead.

7. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

It's on one of our boxes now. I just have it using limited resources. At one time when it was popular, I had it at a 20 slot with 2 gb of ram allocated.

8. Drac OPZ

Really? Hm, Shoyu had informed me wrong 2-3 months back when we got back into it again for a few days he had told me you put it on a free host and that's why it was so crappy and that he was going to ask you for control of the server so he could take over and add mods etc. And he also said if we got it populated again he would donate to get us a dedicated server again. Not sure where he got his information then lol. Thanks for clearing that up!