1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Nvidia GTX 970 lawsuit plus questions

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Drac OPZ, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

nvm i dont have the fps fixed either, i went into gun game and sk and both are staying around 300 max again, at this point i have no idea???

2. Drac OPZ

just going to call western digital tomorrow and see what they say. 50mhz just went into our sk server and he has the 980 ti card, i have a 970 as i said. He was getting 1200 fps and I can't get mine to leave 300ish. I'm not sure why last night it randomly went to working correctly and now not again. So, him and I tested other games and still the fps was way off even in tf2 he was getting 250-300 fps. I was getting roughly 120 max. I decided to try it on battlefield and even on there before I was getting 75-80 fps now im getting 30ish not even 60 fps.... So something is definitely wrong.

3. Drac OPZ

Just got home and called western digital, I told them what was going on with the hard drive far as I believe there is something wrong as my fps changed in video games and they tried blaming my computer or graphics. I said there was no way it was either as it was fine a few days ago before I installed the new hard drive. They said they would replace the hard drive since I have warranty so I got an RMA number for that. Hopefully this fixes the issue, if not i'm going to be pissed!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

Good luck

5. Drac OPZ

@Woody

So, I am starting to experience more issues. I tried watching live streams to which constantly seem to freeze up and lag badly. Also, microsoft keeps popping up changing my desktop colors which I thought was cpu based, but after checking task manager my cpu seems to be running not even high at all (around 40%). So, i'm guessing it is the hard drive? Still have 290 fps max on CSS and TF2 which before as I said I was receiving around 800 + fps.

I called Western digital they never called me back for billing info for advanced shipment so calling them tomorrow. This shit is annoying though as I basically can't use my desktop for anything at this point.

6. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

Do you still have your old hard drive?

7. Drac OPZ

Sadly not. I handed it over to a friend of mine from work.

8. Drac OPZ

New HDD arrived today, inrestalling everything right now. Windows updates finished a bit ago. Once CSS is done installing i'll test, god fingers crossed it is fixed.

9. Drac OPZ

• Like Like x 1
  10. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

• Like Like x 1