1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Quake Sounds?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Gavlan, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

I know a few servers I used to play on a lot had these. They were the bee's knees I tell ya. Think they could add a little flair to our servers, probably add a command to give individual players ability to turn it off for themselves if they don't like it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. W^nks

W^nks

Sounds like a cool idea to me

3. Gotcha

Gotcha Administrator Founder Member

We did have these on some of the tf2 servers at one point. They are fun for awhile and having the option to disable them in game would be a big plus.

4. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

Yeah, maybe we could have a message pop up periodically in chat letting players know they can disable it with a command? Or just have it on the !motd or something

5. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

Only problem with quake sounds is they are an extra download for players

6. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

Are there any other negative implications to having players download the files other than the download itself? If not then I personally don't think its a big deal. I've went to servers from quick play before and I didn't mind the download then

7. Woody

Inventory:

Very true. Do you think they would increase or decrease the population of the servers?

8. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

Honestly, I feel like if we provide the players the option to turn the sounds off I don't see how it would negatively impact any of our servers. There's not many servers that have Quake sounds anymore and I know a few friends of mine as well as myself enjoy them. At the very least, I don't think giving them a test run for a few weeks to see if players like them could hurt us in a big way

9. Woody

Inventory:

Which quake sounds do you guys like? I know there's a few different versions

10. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

I'll look up a few and post some examples so others can have the opportunity to pick as well

11. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

Killstreak sounds:
    On-hit sounds:

Personally, I don't really care for the hit sounds and wouldn't mind them not being included. I do like the killstreak sounds though

12. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

I've always loved the killstreak quakes

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. GingaNinja

GingaNinja Unabashed Grammar Nazi Member

muh-muh-muh-monster killllllllllll! I'm all for these, maybe not the hit sounds though

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Woody

Inventory:

I will try and get these added shortly. I'd like to test them on one server then go from there. What server do you guys want to use?

15. GingaNinja

The regulars on Lazytown are pretty chill, so I don't think anyone wold freak out haha. @Rogue177 @Dax_ what do you guys think?

16. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

I agree, they can be pretty vocal too so if they don't like it we'd know

17. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

Orange server would be awesome with it on to be honest

18. GingaNinja

I agree! But we also have more than a few hothead regulars on Orange that would complain quite boisterously if they didn't like the sound clips...hence my vote to test Lazytown first. Just my two cents :phantom: But hey, the sniper wars on Orange would get pretty intense with some quake killstreak sounds, haha! :) We could give it a go.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Woody

Inventory:

I think I can set it to default OFF, then if you want it you can turn it on?

20. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

Sounds fine to me