1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Riddles to the next

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Drac OPZ, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

So this is a game I thought of this evening and figured to give it a try. Something Homer had said about a previous game came into mind with this. He stated to not throw out answers or spoilers and let people do a guessing game which would make the thread more active.

The game is called Riddle to the next. Basically how it works is I will be throwing you guys a riddle and then you guys can post and guess what the answer is. Whomever gets the correct answer then is the next chosen person to throw up a riddle of there own. Again don't ruin the game or thread by posting unless its either an answer or a riddle if you've answered the previous riddle correctly.

I'll start with this one I seen today:

What does a poor man throw away, but a rich man keep?

2. Drac OPZ

no one really? I thought people would of liked this xD

3. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

Too much work lol. Stick to games that take around 10 seconds or less to do :p

4. Drac OPZ

it only takes a few seconds to guess! xD but I see your point ha!

5. killa sodas - cherry coke

killa sodas - cherry coke Murderer Member

i dont have any idea...

6. Toad

Toad

No clue.

7. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

M...money?

8. killa sodas - cherry coke

Is it "nothing"??

9. Drac OPZ

What does a poor man throw away, but a rich man keep?

Correct, A poor person wouldn't throw anything away, and a rich person most likely already has everything they desire.

10. killa sodas - cherry coke

Aight..here we go....

Three guys are on a road trip and decide to get a hotel room for one night. The manager says the room is $30 a night. Each guy pays $10 each (10+10+10=30). Later on the manager figures out the room is actually $25 a night and not $30. So he tells the bell boy to return the difference to the guys. On his way up to the room he keeps $2 and give the guys back $1 each. If he gave them $1 each which meant they paid 9+9+9=27 and the bell boy pocketed $2 for himself ($27+$2+29)... what happened to the other $1???

11. Drac OPZ

No something is wrong there that doesn't make sense. The bell boy received 5 dollars to give back to the 3 guys, and if he keeps 2 dollar which then leaves him with 3 dollars which would equal out to 1 dollar a person.

Therefore I don't see no money going missing.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  12. killa sodas - cherry coke

Yeah...there's no money missing. People get pretty confused when you say it in person. Not to take away from your riddle solving skills.

Ball back in your court...

13. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

30 dollar original payment goes 25 to hotel, 2 to bell boy, and 3 for refund. = 30
    The 29 dollars is deduced from a fallacy in the math. You are adding the 2 dollars to the total bill of 27 dollars like so:
    30 minus the 3 dollar refund is 27
    27(to the hotel AND bell hop) plus 2(to the bell hop)=29; that is the error. When you do that previous operation you should SUBRACT the 2 dollars because it has already been factored in to the cost. Thus that gives you 27-2= 25; the cost of staying at the hotel per night.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Drac OPZ

Of course, true confused me the first time I read it cause it does make sense with the story and math you setup. You got to rethink it a few times lol, was deff a good one!

Here is one I actually read an hour or so ago a friend sent me.

A man was murdered in his office. The suspects are Boby, Jason, Scott, Alena, Allicia.

There were numbers written in blood that included: 6 4 9 10 11.

Who was the murderer?

• Like Like x 1
  15. killa sodas - cherry coke

yup

16. Khan

Khan

That's a fun one. Tell you what, though, the numbers could just as easily have been 7 8 9 10 11 and still implicate the same person.

17. Drac OPZ

True True xD

18. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

C'mon now, that would make it TOO easy.