1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

(TF2) Epic Randomizer Server

Discussion in 'Upcoming Servers' started by Alexey Davydov, Sep 28, 2014.

?

Randomizer Server?

1. Nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sure

100.0%
  1. Alexey Davydov

Alexey Davydov TF2 Pootis Manager

How cool would it be to run a randomizer server that is CP, on the map CP_ORANGE, with all crits?! I bet that would be amazing, epic and hilarious. Personally I love randomizer servers, however most of them are arena, and have no crits. But something like what I said probably will be just plain EPIC. But what are your thoughts on the idea?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

We could definitely give it a try.

3. Khan

Khan

My personal opinions:
    • Having a VG randomizer server would be pretty cool.
    • Arena maps are best for randomizer servers because I think that objectives distract from the fun and hilarity of weapon randomization.
      - A map like Orange or Lazyday could work because the objective isn't always the primary concern of most players.
      - We already have regular servers for Orange and Lazyday, so perhaps to avoid confusion we should just stick with Arena--that is, unless there's another cp map that functions similarly to these two maps.
    • One disadvantage of Arena mode is that we wouldn't be able to have permanent crits.
    • If we were to decide on Arena mode, I would think that it would be best to use a collection of maps rather than only use one map. The following are six Arena maps I would suggest: offblast_final, sawmill, watchtower, well, lumberyard, granary.

4. Alexey Davydov

Alexey Davydov TF2 Pootis Manager

I like those suggestions! Map rotations should keep the players from getting bored.

• Agree Agree x 1